Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Seeker

She sauntered into the room. Her sly eyes did a survey of the scene. The Who's The Seeker served as the musical backdrop this time.

I've looked under chairs
I've looked under tables
I've tried to find the key
To fifty million fables

The Creature grinned. It was the seed of a mango. She watched it with the precision of an entire pedicure tool set. It sat on a plain white plate, its fibres holding in place delectable pulp, un-smushed. Her plan was one slick maneouvre called Gulp.

Focusing on nowhere
Investigating miles
I'm a seeker
I'm a really desperate man

***

Three days later. The seed lay on the floor, tragically. The Creature looked at it condescendingly.

I won't get to get what I'm after
Till the day I die.

2 comments:

MinCat said...

but WHO is the creature? eh?

Anonymous said...

Gin, with a dash of lime, gorgeous! What more do you need?