Wednesday, February 21, 2007

For He Who Thinks In Multiples

Three Promises

Between the sheets of midnight and morning
A dream

At first light there's frost
Fields of white manna

In sunlight moment by moment
The day stretches out

A dream, manna, this moment
Three promises you'll never keep.

- John Moat, Firewater and the Miraculous Mandarin

(And while I'm on the subject, may I just add, as Sting would say, sometimes I see your face/ stars seem to lose their place/ why must I think of you/ why must I/ why should I/ why I should I cry for you?)

6 comments:

Renovatio said...

Three promises we ought to be forgiven for not keeping too...

TS said...

And then there are some of us who find it hard to make the necessary subtractions...

*Sigh*

hedonistic hobo said...

fields of white manna...... :)

any clue what happened to basho?

Snake Anthony said...

Hobo,

Basho is traveling on work and bitching about 'the stupidity that is capitalism', as per our last exchange yesterday.

TS,

The necessary subtractions?

Renovatio,

You have a point there.

Unknown said...

Pretty =)

TS said...

I don't know why I wrote that, but I'm sure it made sense at that time.